‘Tis the season when Gardening becomes a pastime for many in ATX. But you may think , having a Green thumb, and growing your own fruits & veggies to enjoy seem like a unrealistic goal. Have no fear, the folks at the Sustainable Food Center is here for you!
7 Reasons to Garden:
- Exercise – Gardening is a great way to get in your daily moderate exercise.
- Community building – Community gardens bring people together from different backgrounds.
- Wonder and excitement – It’s enjoyable to watch something you plant grow into something that can feed you and others.
- Life-long learning – You are always learning from failures and success!
- A sense of achievement – When your hard work pays off, it boosts your emotional well-being, and a plus you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
- Connection to Earths’ cycles – Tending to a garden during the seasons helps you connect to Mama Earth. You’re taking a break from your computers and smartphones, and really connecting w/ Mama Earth.
- Freshness – You can’t beat eating your harvest the same day you picked it.
Find out more about the 7 Reasons to Garden, and how the SFC can help you get started. Or perhaps help in your life-learning gardening skills that can lead you to a sense of achievement, which will increase your wonder & excitement when you’re eating the FRESH FRUITS of your labor! Click here!
#1THING that’s a yummy thing while helping out your community & Mama Earth!