Wednesday, March 14, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
On Saint Patrick’s Day, Saturday, March 17th, many will ‘Get Their Green On!’ But ‘Getting Your Green On’ is much more than putting a Green Shirt on, drinking some Green Beer, and eating some Corned Beef & Cabbage. Here are some Fun St. Patty’s Day suggestions to try going really 1THING GREEN!
GET YOUR GREEN ON THIS ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
- EAT GREEN – Organic -Bright Dishes – Locally Grown is always nice! Drop by a local Farmer’s Market. Click here to find one close to you.
- GO PLANT SOMETHING OUTSIDE – If it’s still too cold to plant, you can plan your Spring Garden. Click here!
- USE GREEN TRANSPORTATION TO GET AROUND – Parade around on your feet. Public transportation… whether you’re riding the subway or the bus, fewer drivers on the road means less carbon emissions. Also a great way to plan ahead if you are planning on drinking some adult (organic) beverages. Saving lives too!
- WEAR ‘THE GREEN SHIRT’ – made from Organic Cotton. Step up your GREEN ST PATTY’S DAYGAME! Click here!
- DRINK ORGANIC BEER – Here are some suggestions!
Find more here: https://greenerideal.com/guides/go-green-st-patricks-day/
HAVE FUN GETTING YOUR GREEN ON THIS ST. PATRICK’S DAY! REMEMBER TO DRINK RESPONSIBLY WHEN IT COMES TO ORGANIC ADULT BEVERAGES! HELP SAVE MAMA EARTH WHILE THINKING OF OTHERS TOO!
Tuesday, December 26, 2017 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
honey Ted & I had a #ChristmasEveDateNight at the movies during the weekend. We showed up at Barton Creek AMC theaters and decided on ‘Downsizing’ because it was the shortest wait to see a movie. I didn’t know too much about the movie other than a brief interview I caught w/ Matt Damonearlier in the week. All I knew is folks can be shrunk to about 5 inches tall.
It has a big cast Matt Damon, Christoph Waltz, Kristen Wiig, Hong Chau (newcomer) … ! Downsizing is a Big Character changing movie. If you like character movies, I would think you’d like this one. Every character seems to grow & learn more about themselves. It was directed by Alexander Payne who did a lot of filming in his hometown & one I grew up in..Omaha, NE. It was cool seeing some familiar places.
The underlying story behind ‘Downsizing’..Scientists have found a way where people can be shrunk into about 5 inches tall. You take up less space, which means your waste is way smaller. The idea of ‘Downsizing’ happens because of the ever growing problem of Sustainability, or the lack of it, when it comes to most things man does with and for Mama Earth. But the movie grows way bigger than this theme into the characters you end up liking because of their reaction to the environment in which they live. If you shrink, you can be a millionaire w/ a mansion in many cases. It’s much cheaper to live ‘Downsized’ than ‘Big‘. Although not everyone is a candidate, and if they are, it doesn’t mean they will be Rich.. smaller. There is another side of this, that is hidden until Matt Damon’s character Paul discovers this after being Downsized for awhile. I suppose it’s considered a Comedy because of several Dark Comedy moments to lighten the mood at times.
It’s a movie that gets you talking to others. With the main question being… Would you Downsize if this was a thing? Click here for more!
Tuesday, August 15, 2017 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Marie Claire recently released their 1st Sustainability Issue. It has the Fashion, Beauty, Celebrities and more.. ALL MAMA EARTH FRIENDLY!
Here’s 3 of the many topics you will be able dig into:
1.) Green minded Hottie Adrian Grenier showing Love to the Ladies who are his Environmental Heroes
2.) M.C’s Sustainable – Fashion Advisory Board
3.) Miroslava Duma on the Biggest Sustainability Problems Facing the Fashion Industry
for more! Big You Green Rocks to Marie Claire
for Rockin’ the #1Thing Big Time w/ their 1st Issue!
Thursday, July 20, 2017 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Many Musicians we Love do 1Things to help Mama Earth. It’s beautiful Music all around.
Here are 1Things some Musicians you might recognize / listen too do. You could do them too!
- Pink – Enjoys a mostly Vegan diet and protects Animal Rights
- Drake – has been a part of eco-friendly tours that connect w/ environmental students groups at schools
- Maroon 5 – Helped develop and are part of the ‘Green Music Project’ Hosting more than 60 non-profit organizations in Reverb’s Eco-Village, fulled their buses w/ bioddiesel, reduced the carbon footprint of their tour and more.
- Bruno Mars – A Big supporter of ‘The Rain Forest Foundation’ and ‘Make It Right Foundation’. He also supports Mothers About Making Amends (M.A.M.A. Earth) founded by his older sister Jamie Kailani Hernandez Bayot. Keepin’ Green in the family.
- Wycliff Jean w/ Justin Timberlake designed eco-friendly footwear w/ proceeds for his Yele Haiti Foundation to help with rebuilding. He’s a strong advocate of organic and sustainable agriculture too.
Click here to find out what other musicians are doing for Mama Earth. You could find a 1Thing that’s cool for you too!
Tuesday, May 30, 2017 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Here are some #1Thing ideas of Green Beauty Products suggested by celebrities which can also help out the good of ATX & Mama Earth.
11 Eco-Friendly Celebrity Loved Products
- 1.) More Radical Revival Treatment Oil $52 – AnnaLynn McCord, Torey Devitto & Cheryl Burke
- 2.) Jane Iredale Balance Hydration Spray $30 – Emma Roberts
- 3.) Frank Body Original Coffee Scrub $17 – Jessie J.
- 4.) Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser $66 – Jourdan Dunn
- 5.) RMS Beauty Living Luminizer $38 – Miranda Kerr & Kate Bosworth
- 6.) Honest Beauty Crème Blush $22 – Jessica Alba & Olivia Palermo
- 7.) Ogee Daily Facial Cleansing Cloths $20 – Molly Sims
- 8.) Kopari Coconut Lip Love $10 – Karlie Kloss, Shay Mitchell, Mila Kunis & Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
- 9.) Ariel Gordon Nail Polish $16 – Lauren Conrad
- 10.) Egyptian Magic Cream All Purpose Cream $39 – Kate Hudson, Emily Blunt & Eva Mendes
- 11.) The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Hand Cream $8- Victoria BeckhamClick here for all the what’s up on these Green Beauties Celebs Enjoy! #1Thing
Friday, May 19, 2017 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Entercom Portland, our sister cluster, is shining the ‘1Thing Green Light’ on The Trust of Public Land.
The Trust for Public Land works to protect the places people care about. They create close-to-home parks and wild spaces—particularly in and near cities, where 80 percent of Americans live. Their goal is to ensure that every child has easy access to a safe place to play in nature. The TPL also works to conserve working farms, ranches, and forests; lands of historical and cultural importance; rivers, streams, coasts, and watersheds; and other special places where people can experience nature close at hand. Click here for more.
Thursday, April 20, 2017 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Happy Earth Weeek/ Earth Month.. Saturday 4/22 is actually HAPPY EARTH DAY! Here are some cool ideas on how you could celebrate w/ your family & friends. Then also check out what’s up in ATX this weekend showing Love to Mama Earth! Lots of #1Thing Love going on!
(Thanks to Shannon)
7 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day:
Plant a garden
Natural Spring Cleaning
Do It Yourself!
Click here to find out how to have fun doing all 7 of these things. Pick 1.. it’s a #1Thing you can do to help Mama Earth on Earth Day / Weekend.
What’s up in ATX?
My friends at ACC have had a bunch of cool events happening all during Earth Week! Entercom ATX helped tending the gardens at the ACC Northridge Campus, which is also a Waystation for Monarch Butterflies. So Cool! See here..
CLICK HERE! to find out all the cool Earth Day / Weekend events happening thanks to Alyssa & the crew at the ACC Office of Sustainability! They Rock!
Thursday, April 6, 2017 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Happy #EarthMonth Do you help out Mama Earth in the same way as Twenty One Pilots? #1Thing
Tuesday, February 21, 2017 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Entercom Austin – Mix 94.7, Majic 95.5, 96.3 RnB and Talk 1370am have teamed up w/ the Write To Me Foundation again this year for Prom Rack 2017! The goal is to help young women from central Texas high schools, in a boutique type setting, get the prom dress and the accessories needed to go to prom for free. Without this, they wouldn’t be able to go to prom. You can help by donating a new or lightly worn dress and / or accessories to the cause. If you have the perfect dress just sitting in your closest, why not donate it to a great cause. You’ll be making a huge prom memory for a young women in central Texas. If the items you are donating are lightly worn, then you are also doing a 1Thing, by reusing or even repurposing items that would be fitting for prom. This helps Mama Earth too. It’s a 1Thing & community Win Win!
You can drop donations off at any of the 8 area Westbank Cleaners or the 22 greater Austin-area Goodwills. Donations can be made too. Click here for more 411! Special Thanks to our sponsors The College of Health Care Professions and Mattress Firm
Thank You ATX! #1Thing #PromRack2017
Monday, February 6, 2017 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Get rid of the winter time stress w/ the help of Mama Earth. Here are some Eco-Friendly vacay ideas. Relax your while being so much NICER to Mama Earth at the same time.
1.) Whitepod in Valais, SwitZerland – Use of local spring water, locally sourced menu, 100% biodegradable cleaning proudcts and car-free!
2.) Vugukuys Mountain Resort in South Tyrol, Italy – extremely light carbon footprint by using only renewable resources, grass-covered roof, internally heated clay walls, no cars, and fresh drinking water from a nearby spring.
3.) Glass Cabin in the Woods in Hillsdale, New York– Recyled roofing materials, popular form of travel is a pair of snow shoes and enjoy s’mores around the outdoor fire pit.
4.) Miane Huts & Trails in Kingfield, Maine – affordalbe, uber- green w/ composting toilets, radiant heat & lighting and photovoltaic panels.
5.) The Envoy Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts – Technology meets Sustainability.. reclaimed elements, farm fresh meals and spirits, with fresh products, eco-friendly power sources and design-oriented waterfront suites.
More ideas here…