Tuesday, April 24, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Our friends at Texas Disposal Systems has been keeping Central Texas clean for 40 years. To celebrate their 40th during Earth Month , they put together 40 Tips, that are great 1THINGs to do. Recycling is important at home & at work. If your office /work doesn’t have a recycle program, here are some tips on how you can get one started. #40Ways #40WayswithTDS
Launching a Recycling Program at Work is broken down to 6 tips to get started and keeping it going!
- Get Others Involved
- Talk to Management
- Estimate the Amount of Recyclables
- Figure Out the Details
- Tell Others
- Remain Open to Improvements
Click here for all the details!
Here at ENTERCOM ATX we have 10 1THING Pledges!
Wednesday, April 18, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Thanks to Texas Disposal Systems, Recycling is way easier to do! It’s #1THING to do during #EarthMonth and beyond! Happy 40th TDS! Click the photo!
Friday, April 13, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
There’s big time Earth Month celebration happening in the Entercom ATX lounge. Every April Entercom ATX & all the markets of Entercom celebrate with EarthShare that is made up of many organizations that help the Environment and all that makes up and lives on Mama Earth.
EarthShare of Texas This year we have a real tree to celebrate and plant. It’s #1THING to help thanks to our friends at Garden-Ville & Texas Disposal Systems who is celebrating the Big 40 helping our Central Texas Environment. Here are more helpful tips to celebrate #40Ways #40WaywithTDS
Thursday, April 12, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
It’ the 40th Anniversary of Texas Disposal Systems taking care of the well being of Central Texas and it’s environment. For Friday the 13th, TDS is sharing lots of easy 1THING ways to Go Greener besides just recycling. Getting Your Green On during Earth Month makes Good Luck for all!
- Plant an herb garden
- Switch our lightbulbs to CFLs
- Create a homemade compost bin for $15.
- Switch one appliance to an energy efficient model (look for the “energy star” label)
- Stop using disposable bags. Get some reusable bags
- Buy an inexpensive reusable water bottle, and stop buying plastic disposable bottles
- Wash laundry in cold water instead of hot.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room.
- Don’t turn on lights at all for as long as you can—open your curtains and enjoy natural light.
- Drive the speed limit, and combine all your errands for the week in one trip.
- Lots more here! #40Ways #40wayswithTDS #1THING
Wednesday, April 4, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Happy Earth Month! Entercom ATX is celebrating with Texas Disposal Systems who turned the BIG 4-0 this year! Thank You to Texas Disposal Services for all the Eco-friendly services and help you provide all the communities, businesses and partners throughout Central Texas.
The Texas Disposal Systems Happy 40th Anniversary celebration is in full swing, during the month of April, with 40 tips or what we like to call 1 THINGS! Give 1 a try and go from there. You’ll feel good while you’re doing it, which leads to doing even more #1THINGS! Spread the word …
At Texas Disposal Systems, We consider it an honor to play a role in protecting the environment of our home state of Texas. We as neighbors and fellow Texans depend on its natural resources – and they, in turn, depend on us to treat them with love and respect. Earth Month kicks off on April 1 and TDS is celebrating by challenging Central Texans to help make our planet and communities cleaner and greener. We developed a list of 40 Eco-friendly tips and activities to promote sustainability – at home, work or school – while also commemorating the company’s 40th anniversary this year. From the beginning, environmental responsibility has been at the core of everything we do, as we seek to divert waste to beneficial uses and minimize landfill use. So this Earth Month and beyond, please join us in taking care of Texas like she takes care of all of us!
40 WAYS TO CELEBRATE EARTH MONTH WITH TDS
Wednesday, March 28, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Friday (3/30) is officially National #TakeAWalkintheParkDay. I like to think of it as the official kickoff of taking a Walk Any Day in one of the many beautiful parks in the ATX area! Click here to find one close to you. Or venture out in the ATX area to experience parks in areas in ATX that are new to you. Walk rather than drive, which helps w/ the carbon foot prints in ATX and on Mama Earth! Great for your health and #1THING too!
Monday, March 26, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Earth Day 2018 happens on Sunday, April 22nd. The Earth Day Network is centering on Plastic Pollution and the need to stop using plastic to save Mama Earth from being destroyed and engulfed in nothing but plastic.
According to the Earth Day Network, Plastic Pollution is poisoning and injuring marine life and disrupting human hormones. It’s littering our beaches and landscapes to clogging our waste streams and landfills, the exponential growth of plastics is now threatening the survival of our planet. In response, Earth Day 2018 will focus on fundamentally changing human attitude and behavior about plastics and catalyzing a significant reduction in plastic pollution. Click here for more!
Join the Movement– Sign up to Join the Earth Network Movement! Be part of the world’s largest environmental movement.
Donate – Earth Day Network’s Mission is to broaden and diversify the environmental movement worldwide and to mobilize it as the most effective vehicle to build a healthy, sustainable environment, address climate change, and protect the Earth for future generations.
Spread the Word
Earth Day Network Facebook
Earth Day Network Twitter
Earth Day Network YouTube
If we all do 1THING to help stop Plastic Pollution, our home ‘Mama Earth’ will be so much better because of it. Make it a point to STOP USING plastic straws , baggies, shopping bags… Go for reusable containers / bags. Doing 1THING will make a Big Difference! Let’s make Everyday, Earth Day! ‘Mama Earth’ is our Home! Let’s Protect her! Click here for more!
Wednesday, March 14, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
On Saint Patrick’s Day, Saturday, March 17th, many will ‘Get Their Green On!’ But ‘Getting Your Green On’ is much more than putting a Green Shirt on, drinking some Green Beer, and eating some Corned Beef & Cabbage. Here are some Fun St. Patty’s Day suggestions to try going really 1THING GREEN!
GET YOUR GREEN ON THIS ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
- EAT GREEN – Organic -Bright Dishes – Locally Grown is always nice! Drop by a local Farmer’s Market. Click here to find one close to you.
- GO PLANT SOMETHING OUTSIDE – If it’s still too cold to plant, you can plan your Spring Garden. Click here!
- USE GREEN TRANSPORTATION TO GET AROUND – Parade around on your feet. Public transportation… whether you’re riding the subway or the bus, fewer drivers on the road means less carbon emissions. Also a great way to plan ahead if you are planning on drinking some adult (organic) beverages. Saving lives too!
- WEAR ‘THE GREEN SHIRT’ – made from Organic Cotton. Step up your GREEN ST PATTY’S DAYGAME! Click here!
- DRINK ORGANIC BEER – Here are some suggestions!
Find more here: https://greenerideal.com/guides/go-green-st-patricks-day/
HAVE FUN GETTING YOUR GREEN ON THIS ST. PATRICK’S DAY! REMEMBER TO DRINK RESPONSIBLY WHEN IT COMES TO ORGANIC ADULT BEVERAGES! HELP SAVE MAMA EARTH WHILE THINKING OF OTHERS TOO!
Thursday, March 8, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
TGIF (3/9) is #NationalDayofUnplugging from Sundown Friday (3/9) to Sundown Saturday (3/10) …. put all your devices away and see what you can do for 24 hours without your smart phone, tablet and other devices that keep many of us plugged in 24/7! Cilck here for more!
Could you kick it up a notch and unplug it all at home! Making it the ‘Ulitmate Unplugging‘ for yourself & Mama Earth! Just a thought!
Have a Happy & hopefully less stressful weekend. If you can’t make it 24 hours, see if you can make one hour. Might surprise yourself. #1THING
Not sure if I can do it either… so no shame throwing will come from me. HR
Wednesday, March 7, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
With Friday, March 9th being the 1st day / Kick off of SXSW 2018 in ATX, the city is declaring Friday to also be #ATXDetourDay. To help alleviate some of the traffic in and around downtown ATX, we’re being asked to find another way to work without getting on the roads at the same time w/ everyone else. It’s a #1THING that could keep continuing to make ATX even better, but we’ll take it day by day.
Travel suggestions & alternatives for #ATXDetourDay
- Telework. Work from an alternative worksite
- Flex work hours. If your employment situation allows it, work a non-traditional schedule, such as 7 a.m.-4 p.m. instead of 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Compress your work week. Cut your commute by working fewer days with more hours
- Bike. Knock out multiple goals at once by incorporating exercise into your commute.
- Take public transit. Ride the bus or train to work. Capital Metro’s schedules and trip planner for more information. Buy tickets from the Capital Metro app.
- Walk. Find ways to add some legwork to your trip if you can.
- Carpool. Ride together with coworkers
- Vanpool. For groups of five or more people, vanpools are a great shared transportation option.
- Bikepool. Join a cycling group to make your commute more social and active.
Grab all the details here: http://austintexas.gov/ATXDetourDay