With Friday, March 9th being the 1st day / Kick off of SXSW 2018 in ATX, the city is declaring Friday to also be #ATXDetourDay. To help alleviate some of the traffic in and around downtown ATX, we’re being asked to find another way to work without getting on the roads at the same time w/ everyone else. It’s a #1THING that could keep continuing to make ATX even better, but we’ll take it day by day.
Travel suggestions & alternatives for #ATXDetourDay
- Telework. Work from an alternative worksite
- Flex work hours. If your employment situation allows it, work a non-traditional schedule, such as 7 a.m.-4 p.m. instead of 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Compress your work week. Cut your commute by working fewer days with more hours
- Bike. Knock out multiple goals at once by incorporating exercise into your commute.
- Take public transit. Ride the bus or train to work. Capital Metro’s schedules and trip planner for more information. Buy tickets from the Capital Metro app.
- Walk. Find ways to add some legwork to your trip if you can.
- Carpool. Ride together with coworkers
- Vanpool. For groups of five or more people, vanpools are a great shared transportation option.
- Bikepool. Join a cycling group to make your commute more social and active.
Grab all the details here: http://austintexas.gov/ATXDetourDay