You can have a Happy Holiday while making Mama Earth Happy too! Pick Greener ways for holiday travelling to see family & friends like a train, bus ride and carpooling which many times saves on fuel, money and emissions. It’s #1THING that’s a Fantastic Thing to do! Have a Happy & Safe Green Holiday Season!
EarthShare friends share several tips you can try this holiday season:
- Choose the greenest travel method: Visit the Sightline Institute to learn about the best travel modes for saving emissions.
- Pack light
- Driving? Avoid peak travel times
- Drive defensively:
- Maintain your vehicle: vehicle maintenance is important for safety, saving Green & being Greener during your travels
- Flying? Avoid layovers and redeyes.
- Offset what you can’t avoid: Calculate your carbon footprint with carbonfund.org
- Don’t drink and drive
- Find a ride share group near you Try erideshare.com or shareyourride.net