Things are starting to change when it comes to Fashion and Donating Clothing. From Eco- friendly designers and fashion lines, to retail stores having a clothing donation program to help stop filling the landfills up. The Fashion minded are starting to move into a ‘Green Way of Thinking’. Thanks to many shoppers who are voicing their concerns of what do to w/ their clothing when they are cleaning out their closests. With more & more retail businesses making an effort to do their part, it really will help Mama Earth. #1Thing
- Here’s a #1Thing that Nordstrom is doing by launching a clothing donation program encouraging customers to keep their stuff out of landfills. At the same time, Nordstrom is piloting an in-store donation program at six locations in Washington
Following in the footsteps of other retailers who have been doing their part doing 1Things:
- H&M – In 2013 they launched their garmet collecting initiative worldwide. Shoppers can drop off their unwanted garments, no matter the brand or the condition in all H&M stores across the globe. They make sure the clothing gets reused or recycled and not end up in landfills. Around 95% of clothing thrown away could have been reused or recycled. H&M nearest you. Click here!
- Madewell- Blue Jeans go Green. 1.) Bring your old jeans into any of their stores anytime of the year. 2.) They will be sent to ‘Blue Jeans Go Green’ to recycle into housing insulaion 3.) You’ll get $20 off a new pair of jeans! Click here.
- REI COOP – Keeping used gear and clothing out of landfills is important to us. REI makes it easy to donate your gear with Give Back Box® . Click here
- Amazon works w/ Give Back Box® making it easy to donate items you no longer need to charity with ease and bring new life to your empty Amazon box. Donations go directly to your nearest participating charitable organization using a free shipping label and Amazon (or other) box. Click here.
- Loft have partned w/ charities so you can donate gently used clothing and accessories thru Give Back Box® . Click here
- Levis will give your clothes a second life when you donate the clothing you no longer need through the partnershiup with Give Back Box® Click here