Though some of us grapple with a fear of the dark in our formative years, many Americans don’t truly know the meaning of the term.
[ New proposal, the California Minerals, Off-Road Recreation and Conservation Act, is a step backward for the California Desert ]
For more than a decade, Senator Dianne Feinstein has worked with California’s desert communities to develop and advance legislation, the California Desert Conservation and Recreation Act (CDCRA), which would safeguard precious natural, recreational, cultural and historic resources. B
Despite months of hard work by The Wilderness Society, our members and congressional leaders on both sides of the aisle, the Land and Water Conservation Fund officially lapsed on Sept.
I love Halloween.. the costumes.. the candy.. the scary fun. Unfortunately there is a lot of waste that comes w/ the holiday that can really hurt and scare Mama Earth. Doing a few Green things for Halloween makes a big difference when it comes to helping out Mama Earth.
Here are a few you could try…
#1- Switch out the Candy this year, try giving ‘em little trinkets like polished rocks or seashells, glass accessories, small wooden toys – you know, those that may last and most importantly, organic and recyclable.…Read More
October 1st is World Vegetarian Day, which kicks off Vegetarian Awareness Month. If you’re a non-Vegeterian, do you think you could go a day, week or even a month without eating meat? Well, if you tried, you could win $$$. Click here for the 411/ pledge.
Here are a few reasons why going the vegetarian path is helpful to you and Mama Earth. Even cutting down, like I have helps.
- Reduce the risk of major killers such as heart disease, stroke and cancer while cutting exposure to foodborne pathogens
- Provide a viable answer to feeding the world’s hungry through more efficient use of grains and other crops
- Save animals from suffering in factory-farm conditions and from the pain and terror of slaughter
- Conserve vital but limited freshwater, fertile topsoil and other precious resources
- Preserve irreplaceable ecosystems such as rainforests and other wildlife habitats
- Decrease greenhouse gases that are accelerating global
- Mitigate the ever-expanding environmental pollution of