Most Americans see right through Zinke’s fake-cowboy, fake-conservationist act. Instead of protecting America’s land and waters, Zinke and Trump are selling out the nation’s public lands to polluters and the fossil fuel interests.
Starbuck’s push to help w/ the environment even more. They are doing a 3 month test at select stores in London to see if a paper cup fee would get more people to get a reusable cup for their coffee time/ treats. It’s a similar idea that is applied to shopping bags. Pay for a bag if you don’t have a reusable one w/ you. So far it’s not being tested in the US, but it could pop up.
You wouldn’t have to worry, if you had a reusable cup. This one keeps hot coffee drinks / teas and more warmer much longer. Plus, you get a .10 reusable cup discount. No fees and get a reward, plus it’s a big help for Mama Earth. The coating on most paper coffee cups aren’t Eco-friendly and very hard to recycle. This makes for millions of them ending up in landfills around the World. This is an easy #1THING that can be done. If you do it now, you wouldn’t have to worry about any US fee tests. You would already be ahead of the coffee drinking curve! Helping out Mama Earth Big Time too!
Here’s what’s up on those pesky coffee paper cups… click here!
The agency had suspended the 2016 rule, meant to cut the waste of natural gas on public lands created by venting, flaring and accidental leaks, in January 2017 following the orders of Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke.
However, the battle over regulating methane is not over.
Late last night a U.S. District Court in California reversed the Interior Department’s suspension of the Bureau of Land Management’s Methane Waste Prevention Rule, noting that the agency failed to justify its decision to postpone core provisions of the rule.
‘Tis the season when Gardening becomes a pastime for many in ATX. But you may think , having a Green thumb, and growing your own fruits & veggies to enjoy seem like a unrealistic goal. Have no fear, the folks at the Sustainable Food Center is here for you!
7 Reasons to Garden:
- Exercise – Gardening is a great way to get in your daily moderate exercise.
- Community building – Community gardens bring people together from different backgrounds.
- Wonder and excitement – It’s enjoyable to watch something you plant grow into something that can feed you and others.
- Life-long learning – You are always learning from failures and success!
- A sense of achievement – When your hard work pays off, it boosts your emotional well-being, and a plus you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
- Connection to Earths’ cycles – Tending to a garden during the seasons helps you connect to Mama Earth. You’re taking a break from your computers and smartphones, and really connecting w/ Mama Earth.
- Freshness – You can’t beat eating your harvest the same day you picked it.
Find out more about the 7 Reasons to Garden, and how the SFC can help you get started. Or perhaps help in your life-learning gardening skills that can lead you to a sense of achievement, which will increase your wonder & excitement when you’re eating the FRESH FRUITS of your labor! Click here!
#1THING that’s a yummy thing while helping out your community & Mama Earth!
Paleontologists say that their work studying the history of life on earth, including a recent discovery in former Bears Ears National Monument, is jeopardized by policies that strip away protections for public lands.