Tuesday, April 24, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Our friends at Texas Disposal Systems has been keeping Central Texas clean for 40 years. To celebrate their 40th during Earth Month , they put together 40 Tips, that are great 1THINGs to do. Recycling is important at home & at work. If your office /work doesn’t have a recycle program, here are some tips on how you can get one started. #40Ways #40WayswithTDS
Launching a Recycling Program at Work is broken down to 6 tips to get started and keeping it going!
- Get Others Involved
- Talk to Management
- Estimate the Amount of Recyclables
- Figure Out the Details
- Tell Others
- Remain Open to Improvements
Click here for all the details!
Here at ENTERCOM ATX we have 10 1THING Pledges!
Monday, April 23, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
honey Ted & I did #1THING to celebrate #EarthDay yesterday by picking up trash close to our home in SW ATX! Check out the video player below on the 1THING main page. You’ll see just a small part of what was trashy and cluttering up our pretty view in SW ATX! There’s TONS more to be done, but every little bit helps. If you don’t see it, click here! #1THING #LessTrashyinATX
Friday, April 20, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
ENTERCOM has teamed up w/ Conservation International to save 400 acres of Elephant Habitat in Africa. Click the photo to find out more! Have a Happy Earth Day and make each day a Happy Earth Day! The Happier the surroundings around us, the Happier we all can be! It just takes #1THING
Thursday, April 19, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
n honor of #EarthMonth Target Stores are doing a Babyseat Trade-In! It’s a #1THING call to action that will also give you a 20% off coupon for other baby goodies too! Here’s the 411!
- April 22 through May 5, bring any unwanted car seats to your local Target store and receive a coupon for 20 percent off a new car seat, booster seat, car seat base, travel system or stroller from our stores or full online assortment.
- When you get to the store, bring your used car seat to the drop-off box located near Guest Services, and the team member there will give you your coupon. Guests can get one coupon per seat dropped off, and the coupon is eligible through May 19, 2018.
- We’ll get the old car seats to our partners at Waste Management, who will recycle the parts to create new things like grocery carts, plastic buckets and construction materials. Cool, huh? More here!
Wednesday, April 18, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Thanks to Texas Disposal Systems, Recycling is way easier to do! It’s #1THING to do during #EarthMonth and beyond! Happy 40th TDS! Click the photo!
Friday, April 13, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
There’s big time Earth Month celebration happening in the Entercom ATX lounge. Every April Entercom ATX & all the markets of Entercom celebrate with EarthShare that is made up of many organizations that help the Environment and all that makes up and lives on Mama Earth.
EarthShare of Texas This year we have a real tree to celebrate and plant. It’s #1THING to help thanks to our friends at Garden-Ville & Texas Disposal Systems who is celebrating the Big 40 helping our Central Texas Environment. Here are more helpful tips to celebrate #40Ways #40WaywithTDS
Thursday, April 12, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
It’ the 40th Anniversary of Texas Disposal Systems taking care of the well being of Central Texas and it’s environment. For Friday the 13th, TDS is sharing lots of easy 1THING ways to Go Greener besides just recycling. Getting Your Green On during Earth Month makes Good Luck for all!
- Plant an herb garden
- Switch our lightbulbs to CFLs
- Create a homemade compost bin for $15.
- Switch one appliance to an energy efficient model (look for the “energy star” label)
- Stop using disposable bags. Get some reusable bags
- Buy an inexpensive reusable water bottle, and stop buying plastic disposable bottles
- Wash laundry in cold water instead of hot.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room.
- Don’t turn on lights at all for as long as you can—open your curtains and enjoy natural light.
- Drive the speed limit, and combine all your errands for the week in one trip.
- Lots more here! #40Ways #40wayswithTDS #1THING
Tuesday, April 10, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
It’s #EarthMonth and many celebrities have taken a stand to help stop Plastic Pollution. Chris Hemsworth, Al Gore, Gal Gadot, Mark Ruffalo, Brandon Flowers, Sir Mo Farah, Jeff Goldblum, Lethal Bizzle, Ezra Miller, Andy Serkis, Jason Momoa, Gerard Butler and Dame Judi Dench become a #CitizenoftheTrashIsles with over 200,000 others who are trying to get our waters & lands cleaned up. There is so much plastic / trash in this area it easily creates ‘Trash Isles’, so why not make it a country?!!! By making it a country, it would be protected by the United Nations, which means cleaning it up! There’s a petition you can sign to become a Citizen of the Trash Isles w/ celebs and non-celebs who care about Mama Earth. Much sooner than later, there will be more plastic floating around than fish. Click here for more! #1THING Click the photo to watch the video of the Celebrity Citizens of the Trash Isles!
Tuesday, April 10, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
I’m not the best at crafting, but I can appreciate it. FB friend Cyndi posted … What you can turn a plant pot into. They fit in nicely for a #1THING too. Materials you have around your home, that you would probably toss, can be turned into something this ‘Crafty Cute’. Great way to celebrate #EarthMonth! Click here for other tips thanks to our friends at Texas Disposal Systems who is celebrating 40 years keeping ATX / Central Texas Green Clean!
Click the pot to see what it turns into.
Monday, April 9, 2018 | By Heather Rivera | No Comments
Celebrities 1THING Green continues w/ the royal family. Prince Harry & Meghan Markle are getting ready for Saturday, May 19th. They have asked guests to donate to a charity for wedding gifts. They picked 7 charities, and two of them show Eco-Friendly Love. #1THING The wedding gift donations full list is here.
- Surfers Against Sewage: A national marine conservation and campaigning charity, which inspires, unites and empowers communities to take action to protect oceans, beaches, waves and wildlife.
Hugo Tagholm, Chief Executive of Surfers Against Sewage, said: “Surfers Against Sewage is thrilled to be one of the charities chosen to benefit from donations marking the wedding of Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle. Our work as a national marine conservation charity empowers tens of thousands of volunteers annually to protect beaches for everyone. We are currently focused on tackling plastic pollution and this support will help us move towards our vision of Plastic Free Coastlines.”
The Wilderness Foundation UK: Promotes the benefits and enjoyment of wild nature. Through the great outdoors, the charity helps build resilience in vulnerable teenagers, introduces rural employment to urban youth, and brings science to life. More here
Jo Roberts, CEO of The Wilderness Foundation UK, said: “We are deeply touched and honoured that Prince Harry and Ms Markle have chosen to support The Wilderness Foundation and its beneficiaries. As the world’s population grows exponentially the planet’s remaining wild places and resources are coming under increasing threat. It has never been more important for us as humans to protect the planet that gives us life. Whilst teaching conservation values, we in turn use the positive power of nature to support and recharge the lives of challenged and vulnerable young people and adults.” More here